The AABR® Technology you can Trust
The ALGO® 5 Newborn Hearing Screener incorporates Natus proprietary AABR® technology to achieve a complete physiologic screen of the hearing pathway from the ear to the brainstem.
The ALGO 5 device uses the same statistical detection algorithm found in every ALGO screener since its introduction more than 30 years ago. All ALGO devices provide fully automated results that do not require review or interpretation. The ALGO line of newborn hearing screeners delivers reliable clinical performance supported by independent peer-reviewed documentation1.
Fast and Simple Operation
- Screens both ears simultaneously
- Colored, customizable graphical displays guide you easily through the screening process
- Fully automated, objective pass/refer results that require no interpretation
- Completely standardized, pre-set screening parameters - no adjustments needed
- Audio-visual tutorial provides helpful tips on how to conduct a screen
Data Transfer and Data Management
- Device-based data management facilitates creation of statistical reports and letters
- Transfer of data via network (WLAN or LAN), CD-R, or USB Flash Drive
- Compatibility with a variety of data management systems, including audble® — Natus' proprietary program
Flexible Screening Workstation
- Cart includes large wheel and push handle for easy transport
- Spacious shelves and drawer are available for storing screening supplies
- Space for barcode reader, page printer & writing surface built in
Proprietary Natus Screening Supplies
Only with Natus supplies is the ALGO screening accuracy guaranteed:
- Flexicoupler® and Valu-Pak earphones
- Jelly Tab® sensors
Year 2000 Position Statement: Principles and Guidelines for Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Programs. Joint Committee on Infant Hearing et al. Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 798-817.
Year 2007 Position Statement: Principles and Guidelines for Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Programs. Joint Committee on Infant Hearing et al. Pediatrics. 2007; 120: 898-921.
Automated Infant Hearing Screening Using the ABR: Development and Validation. Barbara S. Herrmann, Aaron R. Thornton, and Janet M. Joseph. American Journal of Audiology. Vol.4 6-14 July 1995.
Newborn Hearing Screening Bibliography. Natus Medical Incorporated, September 2009, 050319H.